Do you know an individual or organization that deserves to be recognized for their “green” achievements? Then we want to hear from you!
This awards program is designed to recognize the efforts of people, organizations and businesses within communities across New York State, as well as GreeningUSA members, who have made significant impacts on creating more sustainable communities during the past year. This year's awards presentation will be held during GreeningUSA's 2013 Annual Meeting on April 18.
There are two types of awards that are presented:
- Nominations for the "Sustaining Our Communities" Awards are open to the public. You may nominate yourself.
- Nominees for the "GreeningUSA Membership" awards must be GreeningUSA members.
The deadline to submit nominations is Friday, March 15, 2013.
Sustaining Our Communities – Advocacy Awards for Excellence
(up to five annually)
- Eligibility – Individuals, organizations and businesses who live or conduct business in New York State.
- Criteria – Nominee must have significantly advocated for community sustainability during 2012 in one of the following areas:
- Governmental Leadership
- Economic Development
- Planning and Resource Management
- Water/Waste Management
- Infrastructure Systems
- Construction Practices
- Sustainable Energy Use and Generation
- Community Enrichment – Human health and safety, arts, recreation, etc.
- Education/Training Programs
- Community Involvement
- Sustainable Product Development
GreeningUSA Membership – Service Excellence Awards
- Eligibility – Nominee must be a GreeningUSA member (includes board members).
- Member of the Year
Awarded to a single member who has given the most outstanding service and leadership to the organization during 2012 in carrying out his or her responsibilities in advocating GreeningUSA's mission, values and goals.
- Outstanding Service
Awarded to up to three members who have given outstanding service to the organization during 2012 through superior development and/or promotion of GreeningUSA's mission, values and goals.
Submit a nomination online by Friday, March 15, 2013. For more information, contact John Przepiora, PE, GreeningUSA Awards Committee chair, email@example.com.